Dr. Z S Meharwal
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeon
Dr Z. S. Meharwal is Director and Coordinator of Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. He is part of the founding team of Doctors at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. He did his M.B.B.S, M.S (General Surgery) and M.Ch (Cardiothoracic Surgery) from King George Medical College, Lucknow. He has worked as Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at prestigious King's College Hospital in London.
He has more than 25 years of experience in cardiac surgery with over 20,000 surgeries to his credit, including complex cardiac procedures. Dr. Meharwal has been actively involved with teaching and training. He is also the Programme Director of DNB Cardiothoracic Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
Dr. Meharwal has also been invited in national and international meetings as faculty. He has more than 40 publications in peer reviewed journals to his credit. Dr. Meharwal has been actively involved in social services and has been organizing free cardiac camps all over the country and has been delivering health talks to public. Dr. Meharwal has received many awards including President award for his contribution in the field of Cardiac Surgery.
- King George Medical College, Lucknow from 1982-1988
- G B Pant Hospital, Delhi from 1988-1989
- Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, King College Hospital, London, UK from 1993-1997
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Off pump coronary artery bypass surgery
- Surgery of ascending aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Valve repair and replacement
- Carotid endarterectomy
- CABG in patients with poor ventricular function
- Major Vascular surgery
- Surgery for heart failure including heart transplantation and ventricular assist devices
- Citation Award by President of India Sri APJ Abdul Kalam on the occasion of International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Meeting - 2002.
- Listed in Marquis who is who in the world 2005
- Saharanpur Aditya Samman-by Govt of UP for contribution in Medical Field - 2005
- Entered into Limca Book of Records-2008 for performing Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery on 94 year old man who is the oldest patient to undergo CABG
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeons
- Cardiological Society of India
- International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Asian Society of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Meharwal ZS, Dubey PC & Agarwal SK. Intraoperative gram staining of bile for identification of biliary microflora as a guide to prevent postoperative septic complications after biliary Surgery, 1985. Thesis for M.S. (General Surgery: Lucknow University, 1985.
- Meharwal ZS, Sinha KN, and Kumar A. Clinicopathological study of peripheral ischema due to arteritis. Thesis for M.Ch. (Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery): Lucknow University, 1987.
- Meharwal ZS, Trehan N, Kohli VM and Sharma VK. Endarterectomy as an adjunct to coronary artery bypass grafting: our experience. Indian Journal of Thoracic an Cardiovascular Surgery1992;8(2):88-91.
- Meharwal ZS, Sharma VK, Kohli VM, Mishra A, Trehan N. Composite graft replacement of ascending aorta and aortic valve. Ind J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1993;9(1):21-25.
Top Cardiac Specialists
Dr. Ajay Kaul
Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery
Dr. Rajesh Sharma
MS (General Surgery), MCh (Cardiac Surgery)
Dr. Manoj Luthra
MS (General Surgery), DNB (General Surgery), MCh (Cardiac Surgery)
Contact Us Now
Please get in touch with us for a Free No Obligation Medical Opinion and Estimated treatment cost for Heart Treatment from Top heart specialists in India. Get Medical Opinion