Coronary Bypass Surgery in India is the most common cardiac surgery for which medical tourists from across the world have been coming to the best heart hospital in India. There are a number of contributing factors for choosing India for Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) or more commonly, coronary bypass surgery. Low cost, use of latest technology, state-of-the-art infrastructure, zero waiting time, and operation performed by one of the best heart surgeon in India are some of the reasons why patients opt to travel to India for their bypass surgery.
Coronary Bypass Surgery in India is considered to be a life-saving procedure and has evolved over the last decade. Our cardiology team comprises of top heart surgeon in India who are not only highly qualified but also have years of experience in handling cardiac patients with the most complex diseases.
Unfortunately, there are lot of misunderstandings that exist regarding this surgical procedure and so there are still lot of people who fear that it will hamper their quality of life. But this is not true…..rather bypass surgery will help you lead an improved quality of life. All you need to do post-operation is to make few basic lifestyle changes that are essential not only for cardiac patients but for everyone individual in general!
Read below to learn about bypass surgery in details:
- We know that our heart is responsible for ensuring that there is sufficient blood being supplied to the body. This supply is done through arteries. And coronary arteries (arteries of the heart) have several branches that supply blood to heart muscles. So, any defect in these arteries leads to CAD (Coronary Artery Disease).
- Any blockage in the coronary arteries due to formation of fatty substance called plaque leads to CAD and results in decreased blood supply to and from the heart. This condition leads to chest pain (also referred as Angina) and often results in heart attack.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting will help you in treating this condition by passing such blockages and ensuring increased supply of oxygen and nutrient rich blood to the heart muscles. Blood vessels from your own body (either legs, arms or chest) will be taken to perform this bypass.
- Conventional bypass surgery involves making 8 to 10 inches incision in the chest to access your heart. A heart-lung machine is used to perform the operation. This machine lets the heart to be stopped so that your surgeon can perform the operation. It takes over the function of heart during the surgery.
- But these days newer techniques like off-pump and minimally invasive robot-assisted surgeries are done to perform bypass surgeries. Some of the several benefits of these techniques include – smaller incision and scar, lesser bleeding, reduced pain and risk of infection, shorter hospital stay and faster recovery.You can get back to normal daily life activities within 2 to 4 weeks after surgery as compared 6 to 8 weeks recovery time in conventional surgery.
- So, you can be rest assured that coronary bypass surgery in India will add healthier and happier years to your life!