Are you in search of the cheapest, yet best quality bypass surgery cost in India? If yes, then you are at the right place!We completely understand that heart disease needs to be given timely and expert attention and therefore we have joined hands with one of the best heart hospital in India so that we can help you get back to normal healthy life at the earliest.
Gone are the days when bypass surgery used to scare people by its name itself. Today, with the advent of highly advanced technology and best heart surgeon in India, it has become a simple surgical intervention that successfully cures patients and lets them lead a better quality of life.
Let us understand what happens during bypass surgery so that when you travel to India for the same, you would know what exactly you are going to go through:
- Bypass surgery, also known as CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting), is a surgical procedure performed by your cardiac surgeon to replace diseased/damaged arteries in your heart muscle by taking blood vessels from another part of your body.
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) occurs when plaque (a waxy substance) gets built up inside the walls of arteries of heart and creates hindrance in the flow of blood and oxygen through it. Completely blocked coronary artery causes heart attack.
- Common symptoms faced during CAD include – chest pain (Angina), shortness of breath, irregular heartbeats, heart attack, sweating/cold sweat, vomiting or nausea and discomfort or pain in the upper body including left shoulder, arms, neck, jaw, back or stomach.
- The surgery is performed under general anaesthesia. Your surgeon, who will be one of the top heart surgeons in India, will make an incision in the middle of chest and will reach your heart through rib cage. He may also choose to perform minimally invasive surgery which is done through tiny cuts instead of opening the chest.
- He will then remove a blood vessel, also referred as graft, from another body part like your arm, leg or chest. He will then attach one end of the graft to your aorta and the other below the blocked artery, thus creating a new route for smooth blood flow. The surgery takes around 5 to 6 hours on an average.
- You will initially be kept in ICU for observation and then moved to ward for few days before you are fit enough to be discharged from the hospital.
- India is one of the most cost-effective choices when it comes to medical tourism destinations in India. Bypass surgery cost in India is much lower as compared to other developed countries. It is not only pocket-friendly but also the best in quality.
- Complete recovery after bypass surgery takes around 6 to 12 weeks. Even after getting discharged from the hospital, you need to take utmost care so that recovery is speedy.
- In case of any complications like fever, bleeding or redness around the incision area, nausea or vomiting, etc. you should immediately get in touch with your treating doctor.